Monday, January 19, 2009

Will it be white outside in the morning?

The weather people around here are saying it may snow tonight. As you might guess, snow is pretty rare on the Outer Banks, so it's always exciting to see it. I was outside a while ago (around 9:30 PM) and it has certainly gotten colder, although it still didn't feel quite "cold enough for snow" to me. But hey, I'm just a human, not a thermometer, so I could certainly be wrong!

I'm also not a meteorologist, so I just have to assume that there's something they can see with their tools that indicates possible snow. Time will tell. In the meantime, I'll leave you with John's guaranteed forecast that he offers any time someone wonders aloud whether the weather will do a particular thing: "there will be weather tomorrow". You can bank on that one. :) I'll keep you posted with more specific information once something happens.

No comments: