Thursday, January 29, 2009

Upcoming Variety Show

I got an email from my friend Marcy today, with details about the planned Variety Show to be held in late February. All are welcome to participate (see below for how to get involved if you want to perform), so join us! If you'd prefer not to be in the show, please come be in the audience!

Here's the email so you'll have more info.

This is a quick note to make sure you know about the Variety Show
that's coming together for Saturday February 28th at the Community
Center (7pm) to benefit the United Methodist Rec Hall renovations.
Sing, dance, recite, do a skit, play music or enjoy it from the
audience … please pass it on. All ages. Tickets will be $10. Bake
sale and drinks will be on sale.

There's a signup at the post office. Or call/email/visit me and I'll
sign you up. Be crazy! Silly, serious. Whatever. Just come help
make this a night to remember. There are a couple of
rehearsal/meeting times to put it all together (Feb 12 & Feb 26 at 7pm
at the Comm Center).

Let me know how I can help. Props, musical support. Me, Lou and
Jamie Tunnell are here to back you up if need be. Lots of other
musicians have already signed up too.

Mostly, please help spread the word? This will be a lot of fun for a
good cause. That building has served this community well and it would
be so great to revive her.

We're also looking for video or pictures of variety shows gone-by.

Let me know if I can help in any way. Want encouragement? Just call!

Thanks so much,
Marcy and Lou

No comments: