Saturday, January 31, 2009

Some things should not overlap

I got up this morning and realized it would be February tomorrow. So I updated the calendars, and put out the handful of February decorations. Yes, I have February decorations. They are all Valentine's Day/love themed (a circlet of red roses, mantel blocks that say "hugs and kisses", a snow globe with a heart in it). I can't help it...I'm a seasonal freak. I think it goes back to when I was a teacher.

Anyway, I realized this morning, while getting out the February goodies, that it was now really officially time for the Christmas tree to come down. I'm not kidding. My tree was still up, with a handful of ornaments on it. I don't have much excuse, other than the fact that I've either been gone or sick every weekend in January, and I just don't have time to work on it during the week. So I buckled down and handled it this morning, because really some things just should not overlap. Like Christmas and Valentine's day decorations. :)

No comments: