Friday, January 23, 2009

B-ball

I went out at about 7:30 tonight and it seemed like there were suddenly a lot more cars on the roads than is typical for a Friday night in January. Then I remembered. The Ocracoke Dolphins basketball teams (girls and boys) played at home tonight, so I'm guessing most of the cars I saw were folks heading home. (I also saw the school bus headed out of the village toward the ferry, to take those teams back to Hatteras.) I'm guessing that the Dolphins were not victorious this evening, as none of the cars I saw were flashing their lights or honking their horns. (Yes, usually that would be done if our teams won.)

There are several more home games coming up (schedule below), so come out to the gym and support the Dolphins!

Saturday January 24 - against Jamesville - girls 2:00 PM, boys 3:30 PM
Tuesday January 27 - against Columbia - girls 4:30 PM, boys 6:00 PM
Wednesday January 28 - against Mattamuskeet - girls 4:30 PM, boys 6:00 PM
Friday February 13 - against Creswell - girls 4:30 PM, boys 6:00 PM

No comments: