Saturday, August 23, 2008

Glass creations

I love stained glass. I always said that, after we bought a house here, I wanted to go to the Ocracoke Restoration Company and buy a stained glass piece to hang in a window. I haven't done so yet, although I do still plan to.

If you would like an original stained glass item for your home, you might want to stop by the shop this Thursday. Of course, they have lovely framed glass images every day, but this week Alison Ellis will be setup there working on pieces. I love to watch artist and craftspeople at work and try to get a better understanding of the process. Alison, who owns Green Heron Glass Studio, often incorporates shells into her work, and I believe she takes commissions, so you can take her your own shells and she'll make a piece for you (not necessarily right there on the spot that day, though).

Anyway, she'll be at Ocracoke Restoration Company this Thursday August 28th. To learn more about Alison and her work, go to her website.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kati, thanks for the publicity!!

I was looking at my site analytics & noticed that I'd gotten a few referrals from your blog. I think I know you, but am not sure... Please stop by O.R. on Thursday (the 28th)if you can, so I can thank you in person. (I'll be there until at least 2pm.)

Thanks again!
-Alison Ellis, Green Heron Glass

Ocrakate said...

Hi Alison ~ you are more than welcome! I think we did meet previously when you were at OR (not the times you've been there in the last couple of weeks, but some months ago).

Unfortunately, I will be off island on Thursday, so I won't be able to stop by then. :( That's what I get for not coming by either OR or Village Craftsmen on the other days you have been here recently! I will definitely watch for any announcements of the next time you'll be around, as I would like to see you again (and possibly order something for my house!)

Hope Thursday is a terrific day for you ~ Kati