Saturday, August 9, 2008

Cabin fever

I love my house, I really do (all the work-in-progress projects which taunt me with their un-done-ness notwithstanding). But I am going a bit stir crazy being cooped up inside these walls. I'm still sick and not feeling quite up to going out (plus I don't want to "share" the joy of this experience, by passing on my illness to others).

It's a strange thing to have cabin fever in the summer, when days are long and it is light until nearly eight o'clock. I usually get to feeling this way during the dead of winter, when I don't get out much because it's already dark by the time I get done with work for the day.

I went and sat outside on the deck for a while today, just to get a little sunshine. I still miss salt water, though.

Hope you are getting outside in the sunshine as often as you want to, wherever you are!

No comments: