Sunday, August 17, 2008

Beer or wine anyone?

If you like to try new things (and you drink alcohol), you might enjoy either a beer or wine tasting at Zillie's Island Pantry. They host wine tastings all summer long every Thursday and on most Fridays. You get to sample 5 wines, and they serve them with light hors d'oeuvres (sheesh, I hope I spelled that right...I should've just said "snacks"!) from the shop. I believe you get a discount on anything you purchase in the store (not just the featured wines) during the tasting, as well. I went to a champagne tasting there once and it was a lot of fun. (One word of advice, though: don't go with an empty stomach; the snacks are quite light, and will not fill you up at all. I was quite tipsy at the end of the tasting!)

If beer is more your style, Zillie's is planning a beer tasting at 6 PM this Sunday August 24th, led by Stacey Walters from Tryon Distributing.

Participation in either event costs $15 and is limited, so call them (252-928-9036) to make a reservation for your spot.

No comments: