Saturday, August 30, 2008

High and dry

I'm in Colorado again, and I had forgotten how different it feels here, over a mile above sea level. The altitude makes me feel dizzy and somewhat ill (if my last trip is any indicator, this will only last for the first day or so). And the dry, thin air has an effect as well: my lips are parched, I'm constantly thirsty, and I run out of breath trying to sing.

Okay, enough complaining! It is beautiful here: the weather has been lovely, the mountains are gorgeous, and I enjoy visiting my sister on "her turf" (the Air Force Academy). We are here for Parents/Family weekend and as such have been able to see more areas of the campus than are usually open to the public. More on that later.

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy your holiday weekend, wherever you are!

No comments: