Friday, March 23, 2007

Sounds I love to hear...

~ Birds singing (yes, again!)
~ My kitten purring (and squeaking...he's a funny little guy, doesn't meow!)
~ Children playing
~ Those same children reading out loud to me...it's amazing how fast they learn and grow in first grade!
~ Friends singing Happy Birthday in a restaurant, and total strangers joining in, too.
~ Hilarious slips of the tongue which make you laugh REALLY hard. (Tonights was our friend Randy reading a description of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers and saying "lap dancing" instead of tap dancing. I'm still giggling.)
~ Nothing except wind and quietly lapping water on a clear night, looking up at the stars and out at the stillness of Silver Lake at the same time.

I've had a full, blessed day. Heard all those things and more. Hope things sound good in your corner of the world, too!

2 comments:

tunnellj said...

Was yesterday your birthday!?!?

Ocrakate said...

Nope, it was my friend Kevin's birthday. (He is visiting from off the island.) Mine is in August!