Thursday, March 15, 2007

Or maybe not

I feel like I need to issue a retraction. I considered simply deleting yesterday's post, but have decided to leave it there in the interest of full disclosure. I got an education today in the fact that not everyone agrees on what is "best" for Ocracoke. And I am ashamed to admit that I assumed that, knowing the opinion of a small group of people who attend OCBA meetings, I knew the opinion of the community. I was wrong. Ocracoke is paradise in many ways, but it's not an idyllic utopia where everyone gets along all the time. And that's okay, too. There are real people here who fiercely love this place and feel strongly about what happens to it. They simply have different opinions about what is best for their home. I sincerely hope that we can all work together to do what makes sense, both short and long term, for the island and for the people who need to live here together.

Okay, so enough political stuff. (Yes, I know that I wasn't specific regarding what I'm talking about...it doesn't really matter that much. I hope I made my point without going into the details.)

Here's something which may interest you more. Re-opening dates for a few things:
The Flying Melon restaurant - tomorrow, Friday March 16th - YAY!
Ocracoke Preservation Society Museum - March 29th
The Cafe Atlantic restaurant - March 30th

Three good reasons to come visit!

No comments: