Saturday, March 17, 2007

Acting Irish for a day

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I completely forgot to wear green this morning, but after John pinched me a few times, I changed clothes! Other than that, the only way we celebrated the day was by enjoying something truly Irish: booze! In the middle of the afternoon, for no reason other than it had gotten very cold, we drank Irish coffee with our guests. Chuck put very liberal amounts of Emmet's (which tastes just like Bailey's but costs half as much) in each cup, and it was warming indeed!

Tonight, John and I ate dinner at the Flying Melon. It was fantastic, of course, and made even better by the fact that we haven't been able to enjoy it for so long since they have been closed for the winter. I, for one, am really glad they have reopened. And it was clear that I am not the only one who feels that way: the place was packed! I overheard one lady saying that a friend had eaten there twice (once for lunch and once for dinner) today! I had a dessert with an Irish whiskey cream sauce on it. It was the perfect way to finish off St. Patty's Day.

No comments: