Sunday, May 30, 2010

George Hamilton IV

This morning Grand Ole Opry star George Hamilton IV performed at church, and reminded me Whose opinion of me is the only one that matters.



Some day the silver cord will break,
And I no more as now shall sing;
But oh, the joy when I shall wake
Within the palace of the King!

Chorus:
And I shall see Him face to face,
And tell the story Saved by grace;
And I shall see Him face to face,
And tell the story Saved by grace.

Some day my earthly house will fall.
I cannot tell how soon 'twill be;
But this I know my All in All
Has now a place in Heav'n for me.


At the end of the service, Jamie sang a lovely benediction, which seemed to be a message for me too. It may bless you as well, especially if you ever feel overwhelmed by life like I occasionally do.


May you run and not be weary
May your heart be filled with song
And may the love of God continue to give you hope and keep you strong
And may you run and not be weary
May your life be filled with joy!
And may the road you travel always lead you home.

Be blessed, wherever you are!

2 comments:

Tammy Elrod said...

Good for you, Kati! I am so glad you are sticking with it. I know that many bloggers take all their comments very seriously (which i respect), but I have heard from so many people that they, too, have been plagued by comments that are cruel and can cut straight to the heart. Your heart is in the RIGHT place! Are you going to do the Summer Siesta Bible Study 3 this year? I am looking forward to it!

Tammy Elrod

Ocrakate said...

Hi Tammy - I am so glad you asked about the Summer Siesta Bible Study! I have been remiss in reading the LPM blog lately, and therefore didn't know it was coming up again! I'll definitely plan to participate, as my local ladies Bible study group seems to be on a bit of a hiatus, and I need to get back into the Word. (It keeps the melancholy down and reminds me of where my joy and hope truly live.) Thanks for the reminder. I'll see you in the study blog comments, Siesta!