Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sunset sail

John, Connor and I went to Mariah's birthday party on Monday afternoon. John hammed it up by donning the dog ears birthday hat and painting his nose, but unfortunately I didn't get a photo of that! Connor had a blast running around naked and jumping in the pool (we didn't realize it was a swim party and therefore hadn't brought his trunks or a swim diaper), but I don't have photos of that hilarity either. After the party, we hung out for a while chatting with Rob and Sundae, and Rob asked us if we would like to join his sunset sail that evening on Windfall II. Of course we couldn't turn that down! Connor stayed and played with Mariah and Caroline; Sundae fed him dinner and took great care of him - thanks Sundae! - so we could go and enjoy ourselves.

It was slightly windy, but that only made it a more exciting sail, in my opinion. Here are a few photos.

Leaving the harbor, I couldn't help but notice how full of boats it was. Rob said it was particularly busy, even for a holiday weekend.



The other couple on the sail seemed to enjoy it as well. It was her first time sailing.



The new boat has red sails, just like her namesake.



Some sunset shots



Reflected in Emmet's sunglasses...



4 comments:

Lisa Uotinen said...

Kate, what a blessing and joy it was to read your last three blog entries. I particularly loved your sharing of the lyrics that George Hamilton sang, and your photos and description of your ride on the Windfall. The Windfall comes out on the sound every evening past the house we rent each year. I'm encouraged by your joy!!!

Ocrakate said...

Lisa - I am hugely blessed by your sentence "I'm encouraged by your joy!!!" What a blessing to be an encouragement, and a blessing to others. And what greater thing to share than joy? Thanks!

Connie and Barry said...

Thanks for sharing - love the pics - makes me yearn more each day for Ocracoke. We're at our summer cottage on the Indian River in DE. Love watching the sunsets here but none compare to yours down there. I agree with Lisa when she said she was encouraged by your joy - that's a very nice way to express it! Thanks for taking time to share "O" with the rest of us! Take care now...
Connie

Ocrakate said...

Thanks Connie! I love watching sunsets about anywhere, but they do seem especially lovely over water. (And yes, of course, I'm pretty partial to Ocracoke sunsets.)