Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Spider season

I love spiders. Outside. No, seriously, I do really love the fact that spiders eat lots of bugs. In addition to that, I think spider webs are one of the most divinely beautiful things on earth, especially when they are just slightly moist with morning dew and the early light hits them just right.

I do not, however, like walking through them in the morning, regardless of whether they are slightly moist with morning dew and lit up with lovely light or not. This morning, I nearly did just that but luckily happened to see the enormous web stretching from the edge of my hammock stand to the edge of our outdoor lamp just before stepping into it.

It seems like all of a sudden I'm seeing more spider webs, and more spiders. I guess spring is spider season, at least around my house.

No comments: