Thursday, May 27, 2010

Homemade ice cream and new friends

I met some new friends last weekend - a couple named Gary and Trisha, who recently bought a house on the island, which they are planning to move into next summer to live here full time. Tonight, they had an open house to celebrate not only their home, but also the new friends they have made over the course of being here while getting it renovated and furnished (I met them in the Thrift Store, where they bought a chest of drawers and a lamp for one of the bedrooms). Gary and Trisha received an ice cream maker for Christmas, so this particular open house involved 6 different flavors of homemade ice cream. I tried three of the six, and all were delicious. Now these are the kind of new friends I like! (Just kidding, I like all kinds of new friends...but it doesn't hurt to have homemade ice cream. Or chocolate.)

No comments: