Thursday, May 6, 2010

Opening night

I posted a few days ago about plans to perform Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream. Tonight was opening night! Unfortunately, my camera battery was slowly dying. Fortunately, lots of other people took pictures. Unfortunately, downloading said pictures taken by others from facebook results in them coming out very small. So I'm back to being stuck with the very few taken with my camera. Anyway, here are a few.



Director Charles Temple giving the cast his final words of wisdom. (Yes, that's a costume...he was also in the show as well as directing.)



The show was performed outdoors, so Deep Water Theater served as our green room/dressing room/makeup room, etc.



The makeup was fantastic, thanks to Jennifer Kidwell's wonderful design.

Here's a shot of some of the pictures she used for inspiration.



Here are a couple of examples.



Wyatt as one of Oberon's fairy attendants - love the ears!



Echo as Puck.

I think I had the best role, because I didn't have as many lines to memorize as many others, and I got to wear two great hats!

Here I am in Act I with Bill Cole. (I played Hippolyta, Queen of the Amazons, Bill played my fiance Theseus.)



And here Bill and I are again, this time in Act IV with Virginia and Emmet as Helena and Demetrius.



I'll post more pictures of the other characters in another blog, but in the meantime you can see some here.

No comments: