Monday, May 10, 2010

Grease!

When I was a child, I loved the movie Grease. I was a huge Olivia Newton John fan, so that was a big part of it. But many of my friends my age were also fans during their childhood, so I think it just has something to do with growing up in that timeframe, too. Yesterday, Amy told me she had been wanting to watch the movie again, since it had been a few years since she'd last seen it, so we made plans to watch it together. She came over tonight, VHS tape in hand - yes, I still own a functioning VCR, believe it or not! - and we had a fun evening reminiscing about when we first saw the movie as children, how much we liked it, favorite songs, etc. (And of course we did sing along to our favorite songs.) My childhood was not wonderful in general, and I remember very little of it. Most of the time recently, I think about how broken I am as a result of my early life. But that movie is one positive thing I remember, so it was good to hold that up to the light and ... well, just to focus on a happy childhood memory for a couple of hours.

No comments: