Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sailing in sunshine

I got to go for a sail on the Schooner Windfall II today, along with several other volunteers who had given 10 or more hours of time at the school during this academic year. It was an absolutely gorgeous, sunshine filled day, perfect for a sail, and the teachers who came along had brought snacks for the volunteers, making it even sweeter. What a fantastic way to take a break from work for a couple of hours. As I put in my facebook status about the sail "am I lucky, or am I lucky?"







I still miss the Windfall as if she had been a human being (the same way I used to miss the island when I wasn't here, before I moved here...although that missing was at least partially about missing actual human beings). But the Windfall II is pretty darn wonderful, and her Captain still seems to be loving her, which makes me happy.

No comments: