Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"Small" storm?

John, Connor and I went out of town this past weekend. We left early Saturday morning, and came back late Sunday night. It was raining as we left on Saturday. I didn't think anything of it, and wasn't concerned about the weather at all.

Driving back on Sunday, I realized there had been some kind of storm when I started seeing water and sand on Highway 12 shortly after crossing the Bonner Bridge onto Hatteras. The worst spot was, as always, just above and in the northern section of Rodanthe. We were able to get through, and continued down the island to the ferry and home. It was dark as we made our trip, so we had no idea at the time what kind of damage (if any) the storm had brought.

Now, thanks to islandfreepress, I do know about the damage. For a small storm, it had plenty of impact. There's a slideshow of pictures here.

No comments: