Saturday, October 25, 2008

A full day

A typical statement you hear around here this time of year is about how much quieter the island is. That is basically true, but sometimes we locals take a bit too much advantage of the off season down time, and fill it up with activities ourselves.

Today, I went to several events. It started with baby play group in the morning - a fun time of watching a group of lively toddlers have a blast playing with toys and each other. I especially enjoyed watching Connor watch them.

In the afternoon, I attended a baby shower for Jason and Brooke Wells, to celebrate the impending arrival of their first baby, a boy (Griffin John-Ivey). The food at the shower was terrific (one of my favorite items was the blue M&Ms with Griffin's name on half of them and "It's a Boy" on the other half), and Jason and Brooke were indeed showered with gifts and blessings.

Then, there was the evening activity: the annual "October birthdays" potluck at Sundae's house. It was a time of more excellent food and plenty of great conversation.

It was a very full day, and I was tired at the end of it...but it was fun, and I wouldn't have missed a minute!

No comments: