Monday, September 15, 2008

Slowing down

I love the fall season on Ocracoke. The weather is usually gorgeous, the water is still warm enough for swimming, and the village is quieter but not completely closed. Most restaurants and shops are still open although some switch to fall hours.

I took a short drive last night, to one of my "salt water" spots, and the streets were nearly empty. I did see another three or so cars, all with "local" stickers (Hatteras ferry priority passes). The moon was full and the village seemed extra peaceful in its glow, so I drove around for a while after touching salt water. I noticed when I got home that my car doors were still unlocked (the car automatically locks them once I reach 15 mph, which I obviously hadn't done on the entire drive). It is good to move slowly...I think I'll try to do it more often.

Hope life isn't too rushed, wherever you are...

No comments: