Monday, September 8, 2008

I missed...

I love traveling, but it is good to be home!

While we were gone, I missed:

- Salt water.

- Humidity - yes, really! My skin feels better already. I love Colorado, but my skin does not like the dry air.

- A book signing for a new novel (The Lady and the Moon) by local writer Mary-Chandler Newell.

- The community meeting to get more information, and provide feedback, about the Negotiated Rulemaking process for off road vehicle management in the national seashore.

- The brief re-opening - followed very quickly by the re-closing - of South Point.

- A potluck for Caroline's birthday - I was really disappointed about missing that!

I really do enjoy traveling and seeing new places. But sometimes I wish I could be in two places at once!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

So funny! People always laugh at me, but it's true; I love humidity. It's so much better for skin. When I went to Colorado I got nose bleeds and my skin just flaked off. I lived with chapstick. Welcome home. Rebecca

Ocrakate said...

Thanks Rebecca. You are right about Chapstick! The Air Force Academy connects cadets with a local "sponsor" family to provide support, and my sister's "sponsor Mom" Colleen always gives her new cadets a gift pack of Chapstick, lotion and sunscreen when they first arrive in Colorado. Anywhere else that would be a slightly odd gift, but there it's perfect!