Sunday, September 21, 2008

Pub music

I went to Howard's Pub this past Friday night with my friend Jamie, to see and hear Marcy and Lou (aka Coyote) and Gary and Dave (of Molasses Creek) play. It was a fun evening, and the show was very entertaining, both musically and otherwise. The music was terrific, of course, but I enjoyed the banter even more. Dave is great with a deadpan joke, and Gary involved us (Jamie and me) in the show by threatening to eat our french fries during the break. (We didn't take it as a threat though...we were happy to share them.)

Anyway, I thought I would let you know about upcoming planned live music (at the pub and elsewhere), in case you are here or planning a trip soon. So here's a summary:
- Friday 9/26 - Frozen Head & the Squirrels - Howard's Pub
- Friday 9/26 and Saturday 9/27 - Willis Gupton - SmacNally's
- Sunday 9/28 and Tuesday 9/30 - Bob Gaynor - Creekside Cafe
- Sunday 9/28 - Marcy, Lou, Gary and Dave - Jolly Roger

No comments: