Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Garage band

I spent a couple of hours this evening in a garage listening to a band play. This was no typical "garage band", however. There were no teenage boys hoping to become the next great rock and roll sensation. It wasn't loud or grungy. There weren't even any drums. The only thing that made this group a garage band at all was that they happened to be playing this evening in a garage. Merle and Donald's garage, to be exact.

The band was Martin Garrish, Speedy Price, Jackie Willis, Marcy Brenner and Lou Castro. All professional musicians, and not a teenager in the bunch.

As I sat listening to them play, I realized I had a goofy grin on my face. At first, I was self conscious and thought I probably looked like an idiot. Then I looked around the room and realized I was by no stretch of the imagination alone. I saw many grins and smiles. This was a night of music that makes people smile. I rode home on my bike under a sky full of stars, grinning ear to ear the whole way.

Wishing you music and happiness, wherever you are...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Has the wildfire in Hyde been affecting Ocracoke in any way? I heard that Currituck County issued a warning to stay inside, but I haven't heard anything about areas south. Thank you for your time and help. :)

Anonymous said...

Thats because you always have a goofy look on your face........Specially when you're playing cards.