Monday, July 2, 2007

Truly Silver Lake

I stopped by Silver Lake today, at one of my favorite spots to touch salt water, and what I saw took my breath away. The water was very calm, and the light was perfect. Silver Lake looked...well, silver. I was hungry, tired, feeling a bit cranky at the people yelling behind me, and had just thought of an errand I needed to run (and it was nearly 9 PM at this point). But still I stood there, staring at the loveliness of the scene for well over 15 minutes. I was simply transfixed and couldn't tear myself away. I stood, with my feet in the water, and watched as the last light faded and the first stars began to peek through the gaps in the ragged clouds. My patience was rewarded, as I was lucky enough to see an otter playing in the water. Everything else faded in the background, and only one thought filled my heart and mind: how I love this place.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Kati,
I am intrested in visiting your hometown, Would love to know what if any of your lower end hotel or motel what does an outsider do.What can 12 and under do. In other words if I am there for 3 days what can I do other than visiting the beach; what is your best seafood, best attraction,What is the best route to catch a ferry. So many questions
Gerlgrl@myway.com

Ocrakate said...

Lots of good questions! The answers may be of interest to many people, so I'll address them in a post.