Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Fryin' fish

My sister and I went to the Glass Bead shop and made jewelry today (she made an anklet, I made a bracelet). This is a fun way to spend an hour or two, and you get to go home with a lovely reminder of your vacation that you can wear. I recommend it, especially for a rainy, windy, or otherwise not-the-greatest beach day.

There was a fish fry this evening, to raise money for the Ocracoke Working Watermen's Association. I love being able to give to a good cause by eating! The fish was delicious of course, and all the fixins were available too (hush puppies, cole slaw, baked beans, etc.) It was an excellent dinner. Now I'm going to go eat the brownie I got with it. Maybe eating chocolate this close to bedtime will give me "sweet" dreams. :) G'night.

No comments: