Saturday, July 14, 2007

Full days

Well so much for daily blogging! Let me tell you about how full the last few days have been for me (yes, I'm making excuses...)

Thursday was my sister's last full day here, before she had to fly back home to Colorado. We took advantage of the day, filling it from beginning to end. First, we took a drive out to South Point. She had not been before, and I had not been in about a year...I really need to get a 4WD vehicle so I can go there more often! (We went with some friends on Thursday.) It was a hot day, perfect for some time on the beach. We enjoyed walking, shelling, and a bit of wading both in the inlet and in one of the small tidal pools that form in low spots on the beach (these are my absolute favorite thing about South Point).

Later, we went parasailing. It was a BLAST, and not scary at all. (I had thought I might be a bit scared when we first lifted off the boat, but it was so gentle that I was completely relaxed.) We had a ball, and Hans dipped us down so our feet went into the water three separate times. The view of Silver Lake was lovely, and we thoroughly enjoyed our fly. I highly recommend it!

After parasailing, we did some more shopping. Then we went to Springer's Point for a while. Jocelyn lay in the sun, working on her tan, while I sat in the shade enjoying the view and my Mike's Hard Berry drink.

We headed to bed early after our first full day, to prepare for our next one. After getting just a few hours of sleep, we got up at 11:15 PM and headed to the midnight ferry to Hatteras. Jocelyn's flight out of Raleigh was at 6:15 AM on Friday, so leaving on the Thursday midnight ferry was the only way to get her there on time. After I dropped her off at the terminal, I parked the car in the parking garage and went to sleep in it! Then I headed home, stopping several times along the way to sleep some more. I ended up on the 3:30 PM ferry back to Ocracoke from Hatteras. The truly funny thing is that Jocelyn actually arrived in Colorado before I got back to the island!

So those were my too-full-to-blog days. Today was not as busy, and I think after a couple of naps I actually managed to get caught up on my sleep. Ah, the joys of living on an island accessible only by ferry.

No comments: