Friday, June 22, 2007

Ocracoke magic...

...really works! One of my photos was selected for publication in a national magazine! Woo hoo! I'll put an update here once I know which month the article will appear, so you can look for my picture (if you want to).

Words fail me when I try to describe the absolute blessing my life here has been. I have been able to bloom here, as if all my life I was a fresh new seed, packed with potential, just waiting to be planted in the right soil. I have learned to trust my instincts, my spirit and my heart, all of which told me I belonged here within an hour of the first time I set foot on the island. My mind had no idea how enriched, nurtured and healed I would be here, but my intuition did.

Happenings on the island this weekend include
- free car wash at the Assembly of God Church tomorrow (Saturday)
- storytelling at Deepwater Theater on Saturday night (8 PM)
- a band called Sugar Daddy is playing at Howard's Pub tonight and tomorrow night (10 PM both nights)

I bet there's more, but that's all I know about! Have a good weekend, wherever you are. And bloom where you're planted!

No comments: