Saturday, June 2, 2007

New clothes

There is something about putting on a gorgeous new outfit which makes women (well, me at least, and many other women I have talked to about this topic) feel wonderful. I got to do that today, by purchasing a lovely ensemble (actually, two!) from Suzanne Armstrong, one of the many talented artisans at the Ocrafolk Festival. I also got a beautiful silver mermaid pendant from Suzanne's cousin, Carolyn Schena. And I made two new friends ~ it was a lot of fun buying clothes and jewelry from these ladies! They made me feel pretty, and worthy of the splurge. The next time you're in Avon, I highly recommend visiting either one or both of their shops: Mad Mad Hatteras (Suzanne) and Studio 12 (Carolyn).

It was a marvelous day for the Festival, with near perfect weather. It was a bit hot in the morning, but then some clouds rolled in and cooled things down a bit. The rain held off until after the festivities, which was excellent. So, in addition to my great new outfit, I also got to enjoy performances by many of my favorite musicians and storytellers. If you missed it, mark your calendar (and make your reservations; people book rooms a year in advance for this event) now for the 2008 Festival, which will be held June 6 - 8. See you then!

No comments: