Monday, March 7, 2011

Timely

Spring is on the way, and as is usually the case this time of year, my yard and "flower bed" (I use that term very loosely...it really would be more accurate to call it a "weed bed") both look terrible. In case you've ever walked past my house and wondered if I just don't care, that's not the case. I really do care, but I have no clue how to garden. I've tried a couple of different things and am going to try again this year, but this growing stuff activity is hard. Maybe (well, definitely) I need this:

GARDENING CLASS
Friday, March 11 @1:30pm
at the Ocracoke Community Center
The indoor portion of the class should last around 1 1/2 hr.

Topics to be covered in the class:
 Soil sampling
 Soil amendments(fertilize, compost, etc)
 Vegetable planting dates
 Starting plants early
 Tools for gardening
 Container gardening
 Rose Care

After the indoor portion of the class, we will move to several spots on the island for demonstrations of what we have learned.

This is a free class brought to you by the N.C. Agricultural Extension Agency. Mac Gibbs, the Extension Agent for Hyde County, will be teaching the class and will be available for questions or visits after the class.


After the indoor portion of the class, they could move to my yard for abundant examples of what NOT to do.

No comments: