Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Jewelry, cooking, and mystery

We had a very full day today at Massanutten! In the morning, we made jewelry (matching bracelet and earring sets). I can't wear anything other than gold in my ears, unfortunately, but I still had fun making a set for my sister! Here's a picture of my Mom working to get her beads in just the order she wants them.



After jewelry class, Mom and I went back to the condo to get John and the three of us attended a cooking demonstration, and enjoyed a wonderful lunch to boot. (We got to eat what was demonstrated - a delicious fruit salad, veal marsala, and bananas foster. Yum.)

Here's our chef flambeeing the bananas foster.



I didn't know until this demo that chef toques have holes in the tops. It makes sense, of course, to keep cool heads in the kitchen...it was just something I hadn't known until I saw the top of the chef's hat in the demo mirror.



Finally, tonight, Jocelyn and Mom and I went to the Murder Mystery Dinner. (Yes, it was a major eating day!) The food was good and the show was really fun. We didn't win the prize, unfortunately, as we over-thought the question of whodunit.

Pretty ladies, wearing their new jewelry sets.



The murder mystery play cast. Don't ask what a goth, a lady detective, a cheerleader, a guy pretending to be a detective, a woman with a dog in her purse and a funky steam punk girl have in common...it would take too long to explain!

No comments: