Sunday, March 20, 2011

Crafty

I mentioned in yesterday's blog that Massanutten has many activities to choose from. Lots of those activities are craft classes...and learning to do new craft activities is one of my favorite things to do. (Yes, I know...I don't need another hobby! But anyway...)

Today's class was "Handmade Greeting Cards", and it was a good one. I had thought we might be doing something a bit goofy, like stamping, but it actually was different, and much better than expected. We used decorative paper and designs created by the class leader Nancy (an art teacher and very creative person) to make some lovely cards. I'm planning to start giving them away soon!

Here's a photo of my mom working on one of her cards, under Nancy's helpful eye.



And this photo gives a better sense of the cards themselves.

No comments: