Monday, August 10, 2009

Santa Cruz River Band (part 2 - the show)

The Santa Cruz River Band show tonight was fantastic. They are a seriously talented bunch. I really loved the way they are so connected to their heritage (they spoke and taught a lot about the history, people, culture, and beauty of the SouthWest). I also was deeply moved by their passion for their musicianship. I really need to find the thing in my life that I can feel that connected to and passionate about.

Okay, enough with the deep thoughts. I'm not expressing very well how deeply this concert really moved me. If you were there, you might have noticed (I cried repeatedly). So without further ado, here are some pictures, for those of you who weren't there. (And those of you who were, too!)


You know the musicians are talented before the show even starts when you see the array of instruments they are planning to play. There was another row of guitars and a mandolin on the other side of the stage, too!


Speaking of talented...how about playing not only string instruments, but a whistle, too?


Father and son creating harmonies together.




One of the things I really loved was the fact that Mike and Ted bowed to the audience after every song. It was a wonderful way of respecting and thanking the audience, while also honoring their heritage.


This is the best shot I could get of Petie which almost captures what I was saying about how his passion for his music shows through. But a still image just can't quite catch it. Go see these guys perform live if they ever come anywhere near you! (You can find their touring schedule on their website.)

No comments: