Sunday, August 9, 2009

An evening at the Jolly

It had been a while since I went to the Jolly Roger on a Sunday night to listen to Marcy, Lou, Dave and Gary (aka MuLeDoG) play, and I had been missing it. We have guests staying with us right now, and as so often happens, that motivated me to go along with them tonight to enjoy this music. And I was really glad I did...it was a terrific show, even though Marcy was missing. (Does that mean it was uLeDoG?)

Here are a few photos, for your vicarious enjoyment. Wish I could include a soundtrack, too.


Kitty joined in on several songs.


The Windfall came by after returning to the harbor from the sunset sail.


Lou put on his rocker persona to perform some Beatles tunes.


Special guest Jamie sang "In a Town This Size".


The show was so great, the crowd insisted on - and eventually got - an encore.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I am so excited to have found this blog. I read Phillip's every day and when you posted a comment on his with your link, that made my day. The more I read, the better my day is. My husband & I always spend the first week of October on the island, which is fast approaching. Thanks for keep us in touch when we're not there! Have a great day!!!

Ocrakate said...

Aaaawww, thanks Cathy. I really actually needed a sweet compliment today, so I really mean it: thanks for taking a moment to leave it.