Thursday, August 6, 2009

Moon light, moon bright

I woke up in the middle of the night last night and thought briefly that my neighbors had turned on a bright light. Then I realized it was the moon! It was full, the night sky was perfectly clear, and the moon was centered in the window I see when I open my eyes (which is actually down a short hallway and in the den). It was a lovely moment, and I almost didn't want to go back to sleep again. I lay quietly, just staring at the moon for a few minutes, but then I must have drifted off; it was the middle of the night, after all! Anyway, the next thing I know it was light, the alarm was going off, the baby was making "it's time to get up now" noises, and another day was upon me. Ah well, at least I enjoyed the peace for a few minutes.

No comments: