Saturday, February 7, 2009

I remember that outfit...

Connor and I went to baby play group this morning. It was a small group of kids - just Connor, Charlotte, Mariah, and Uriel. Amy stopped in with Lachlan for a minute but he and a couple of the other older kids played outside on the playground instead of indoors with the younger ones.

Connor was wearing a cute outfit: a onesie with a fire truck on it, and matching red overalls. When Amy saw it, she said, "Hey, I remember that outfit!", and I realized it must have been one of Lachlan's outfits that she passed on to Connor. That reminded me of the time last week when I was at the Health Center with Connor, and the father of two young boys took one look at him and said, "Oh, I remember that jacket".

This is just one of the many ways we have been blessed by the Ocracoke community. I also love that I get to participate in being a blessing to others in this way: as Connor outgrows things, I pass them on to people with younger kids. And I just can't wait to see one of those babies somewhere and say "I remember that..."

No comments: