Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Anticipation

I spent the last few hours reading several pages of the Norwegian cruise line website, searching for hotels near the port of Charleston, learning about (and attempting to book) shore excursions, and deciphering the fine print about what documents are required for a trip to the Bahamas.

I have long believed that anticipation is one of the best parts of any vacation, so I don't mind spending a good bit of time planning. With all the details that need to be taken care of for a cruise, it's a good thing!

Now is a great time to plan a trip to Ocracoke...there are plenty of fun events to anticipate enjoying. Here's a sampling of some of the annual ones:
- Easter Sunrise Service on the beach
- British Cemetery Memorial Service - May 8th
- Ocrafolk Festival - June 5 - 7
- Independence Day festivities - July 4, of course!

Whenever you can come to the island, enjoy the anticipation of the trip. Because life is about both the destination and the journey.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree about the anticipation. We are coming for 4 weeks and wake up everyday thinking about getting to our little piece of Heaven.

Anonymous said...

Hey Check out www.ansonboroughinn.com - It is across the street from the port next to Harris Teetor. Very nice! Enjoy your cruise!

Rebecca said...

I hate to say this, but one of my biggest thrills, anticipations if you will, is that first drive out to south point to soak in the beauty. I don't know if I'll come if I can't get there. It will really be a huge loss for me. I'm confused about this and it's making me think about why I come to Ocracoke and how much of that is tied to the beach access. I guess I can go to Portsmouth. I haven't heard about restrictions there.

Rebecca

Ocrakate said...

Hi everyone!

Wow, four weeks - lucky you! Before I lived here, I always said that I couldn't vacation here for more than a week because I wouldn't want to leave. After the first time I stayed for two weeks, I was immediately making plans to come back for three months...which turned into for good!

Thanks for the tip on the Ansonborough Inn...it looks terrific!

Rebecca, I don't at all blame you for your mixed feelings. I also adore South Point and will be sorely disappointed if getting there is no longer an option. I hope you will still come to Ocracoke, but I certainly understand that that would make a huge difference. I'm waiting (along with many others) with bated breath to hear what decision is made after the last of the Reg Neg meetings this week. I'll keep you posted here on the blog.