Thursday, February 12, 2009

CRASH!

You may have noticed the lack of blogs recently. I have been offline completely for a few days, as a result of the fact that my laptop crashed. And when I say crashed, I mean seriously crashed. It would not start up at all, and everything that was on my hard drive is most likely lost (although a friend is going to try to see if it can be salvaged... but I'm not holding out much hope).

I had not realized how much a part of my everyday life my computer really is, until I didn't have it for a few days. I felt somewhat lost without it. I couldn't find out who that familiar-looking actor was, and what I'd seen him in before. Or the blue book value of a vehicle. Or what was going to be on TV in the evening. I couldn't keep track of a list of options for a trip I'm planning, so I could decide between them. (I swear, I don't know how to think about anything anymore without the aid of a spreadsheet!) It was frustrating and annoying, and just different. I know there's a lesson for me somewhere in there, about being flexible and rolling with things that happen rather than letting them bother me, not to mention about backing up computer data more often than I had been. But I'm not quite ready to learn or wax philosophical about the experience yet. I'm still dealing with the fallout. :(

No comments: