Friday, February 13, 2009

Early flowers

After enjoying the 1st grade Valentine's party this morning, I went back home to more mundane activity (read: work). It was a day full of sunshine, so it was a bit sad to be inside, sitting right next to a window no less so I could see out to what I was missing.

In early afternoon, I looked out the window to see the entire first grade class, along with their teacher Mary Ellen and assistant Lou Ann, walking by my house. I knocked on the window so they would see me, then smiled and waved (I was on the phone so couldn't say anything). Mary Ellen said they were going to see the early blooming flowers at a house down the street. A few minutes later, when I had finished my phone call, I grabbed my camera, jumped on my bike, and rode down the street to meet them. I was glad I did, as I was rewarded with a view of many sunny yellow daffodils. It made me smile, and I hope it will do the same for you.



No comments: