Sunday, December 16, 2007

Windy and wet

The last 24 hours or so have been quite blustery and rainy. The rain started yesterday afternoon, and the wind picked up overnight. At the moment (11:45 on Sunday night...yes, I need to go to bed!) it is still windy but no longer raining. While I was out driving around this afternoon (after touching salt water), I had the good fortune (and timing) to arrive at the park service boat ramp just in time to see the sunset over the waves. Normally, sunrise is the only thing you can see over waves around here, since the sun sets on the Pamlico Sound side of the island, rather than the ocean side. Today, however, there were whitecaps on the sound!

The power has been stable throughout the wind-storm, which is good since it is also quite cold. During my drive, I noticed the cable and electric wires blowing in the wind, and thought it was just a matter of time before we lost power, so I was pleasantly surprised when that didn't happen (at least it didn't happen in the "down point" part of the village where I live, I suppose it might have happened in the "round creek" area where I saw the wildly flapping wires.)

Hope you are safe, dry, and not getting blown away, wherever you are!

No comments: