Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Puzzling...weather

John and Jocelyn (my sister) and I started working on the traditional holiday puzzle today. Usually, someone will buy one for the family for Christmas, and we'll put it together over the following few days. This year, there were actually two as gifts: one is a painting of the nativity scene, the other is about 18 years of Mardi Gras posters. We're working on the nativity one, partially because it seems more fitting, but mostly because it has only 500 pieces, while the Mardi Gras one has 2000! I am not that great at putting puzzles together, although I do enjoy working on them. John and Jocelyn are both really good at puzzles (we call Jocelyn "the puzzle master") so luckily I have them around to help me, or the darn things would never get done! I'm hoping to glue and possibly frame this one, and use it when decorating for Christmas over the coming years.

The weather was quite odd today. It started out very warm (I estimated the temperature was in the mid 60s, but my Dad said he thought it was as high as the low 70s). By the afternoon, it had gotten windy and rainy...and downright cold! The temperature must have dropped a good 30 degrees. It was a good day to stay inside and do a puzzle.

No comments: