Thursday, December 13, 2007

Shooting stars and snaps

I did enjoy the Geminids meteor shower last night, sitting on a balcony and watching the dark sky with a cat in my lap. I saw several shooting stars, which streaked very quickly in short bursts across the sky. They were easy to miss, so I felt lucky to have seen the few I did.

I didn't have to set my alarm to wake me up in the middle of the night to go look at them, as I stayed up until the middle of the night on my own. Wonder why? I became slightly obsessed and completely embroiled in attempting to figure out a game called Snaps. I found a link to this frustrating amusement when browsing the site of the soon-to-be-released movie P.S. I Love You. I wasn't been able to determine how it works (and thereby to have much success at playing it) last night, but I did solve it today. Want to try? You can play online here. See if you can figure it out without cheating (aka searching on the Internet for clues). Have fun!

No comments: