Monday, July 27, 2009

Potluck

There was a potluck tonight at the Lovejoy's house, in honor of Emma's host family from Denmark who are here visiting. There were a couple of funny conversations around specific food items which are always brought by same people. The first was when I brought in my typical macaroni and cheese. Karen said that during the afternoon, when the family was talking about what to cook, Emma said that there would be a good number of young children there and therefore they should have something the kids would like. To which Karen replied, "well, if Kati comes, there will be macaroni and cheese." Ah...it's good to be known.

I started the next conversation about food, when I saw Philip carrying something which was NOT his deviled eggs. I said "Philip, you have to go home...you can't come to a potluck without your deviled eggs!". He explained that he did have them but they would have to be brought in on the second trip (they had brought several items to share). I was greatly relieved. Then, when Philip was returning with the eggs a few minutes later, he stopped by the table where I was sitting to offer me first dibs on the plate. I suppose it goes without saying that I took him up on the offer! Again, it was good to be known.

I'm already looking forward to the next potluck.

No comments: