Saturday, January 16, 2010

Things I learned (or learned more about) by driving up the beach

I drove up to Kitty Hawk today to go to an appointment and do some shopping. It was a long day, during which I learned (or learned more about) a few things.

1. The project to add another stacking lane at the north end ferry terminal is ongoing.



2. Serendipity, the cottage made famous by the film Nights in Rodanthe, is about to be moved. I knew this was happening, but I mean it's really imminent now. The crew from Expert House Movers was there when I drove by this morning, and the house was on a truck and in a slightly different position (closer to the road) when I drobe by this evening.

3. There are LOTS of waterfowl at Pea Island during the winter.



4. The Bodie Island lighthouse is being renovated. (There's scaffolding around it.)

5. The Bonner Bridge is being worked on, too (winter is a big time for projects around here!) There's a short section of one-lane only traffic, controlled by lights.



And now you know! My next trip up the beach (that I know of, anyway) will be in mid February, so I'll let you know what new things I learn then (if there are any).

P.S. I did take a few pictures that go with some of these points, and I'll add them to this post later.

No comments: