Thursday, January 14, 2010

Frosty...and dolphins

There was frost on the beach this morning. Yes, on the sand. It was hard to take a picture which captured it, but I got a couple of decent ones.





But the frosty sand wasn't the best thing to see at the beach today; it was only a part of the beautiful morning. The sky was a clear, lovely blue, the sunlight was sparkling on the ocean like diamonds, the waves were rolling in quietly, landing softly on the beach with a peaceful susuration. And in the middle of it all - a pod of dolphins, jumping, playing, and just generally exuding joy. It was the greatest show on earth, and I found it difficult to stop staring. I neglected my Bible study in favor of watching instead, and when it came time to leave, I literally walked backwards to my car after touching salt water because I didn't want to miss a second.

These pictures don't come close to doing it justice. I wish I'd had my video camera, but even that couldn't have adequately recorded the moment. But here are the best shots I got.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the dolphin pics! If you ever get a chance, please post a video of them ... I live on Ocracoke vicariously through a couple of different blogs :)

Anonymous said...

Good pictures! Check out Serendipity being moved! LIVE

http://www.co.dare.nc.us/webcam/mirlo.php