Sunday, November 29, 2009

Internet-less

As predicted, I was without internet access until the end of our trip to Disney. I learned something interesting about myself in the process. Usually, not having access to the internet makes me a bit crazy. I have this need to be able to find out whatever I need to know as soon as I think of the question, which is only satisfied by seeking out one or both of my friends Mr. Google and Mr. Wikipedia. But, when I'm at Disney World, I honestly don't care if I don't have access. (Well, I certainly don't care enough to pay $10 a day to get it!) It was actually a really refreshing experience, and seemed like more of a vacation (as in "a break from everyday routine") since I wasn't logging in on a daily basis.

I might have to try skipping internet use for a few days when I'm at home. Actually, no, I think not. :)

2 comments:

Woodduck said...

Glad you had a safe trip...welcome back.
I think the sun may have drowned, however; while you were away...

Ocrakate said...

I think you may be right about that, Woodduck. I miss sunshine! Maybe that's why I'm in a bad mood today...