Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Ladies take over Cafe Atlantic!

I went to Cafe Atlantic tonight with 7 terrific ladies. We sat upstairs and were there until they closed (we didn't get there until 8:00, so it wasn't that odd to be there until close). Several of us ordered dessert first, a few of us drank mimosas, and all of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals (of course).

I still want to eat at the Cafe one more time before they close for the season, forcing me to live without chevre with fig preserves, lemon pasta, pesto scallops, warm just-baked bread, homemade cucumber dill and lemon poppyseed dressings, Toll House pie...I could go on and on...but I'm making myself hungry!

This dynamic of getting one's fill at a favorite restaurant because it's not going to be available for the next several months is an interesting one to me. I'm sure it's not unique to Ocracoke and must happen in other tourist destination communities. I hope that the restaurants in those areas are as well supported by the local residents as the ones on Ocracoke are...most of the people in the Cafe when we were there were Ocracokers, getting their last fix. Now, the long winter without begins...hope I can make it!

No comments: