Saturday, October 3, 2009

Full, fun day

We had a rather full, but very enjoyable day today. It started this morning with brunch at the Flying Melon to celebrate Rob's birthday. There was a really funny photo op when Sundae loaded him up with "bling" (hat, necklace, earring), in honor of the fact that the gift he bought himself was a somewhat-flashy (at least for Rob) watch. Unfortunately - or fortunately, if you're Rob and might not like for a picture of yourself in bling to be on Island Daily - I didn't have my camera! Anyway, brunch at the Flying Melon is always terrific, but especially so when it's with a group of friends. So that was an excellent way to start our Saturday.

This evening, we went on the Schooner Windfall sunset sail. Luckily, I remembered my camera for that, so here are a few pictures.



Passengers helping to raise the sails.



We had brought some champagne and enjoyed a toast (it was our anniversary).





I loved the combination of the sunset reflected in the windows while the full moon shone above this house.



After the sail, we had a fantastic dinner at the Back Porch, including a seriously delicious frangelica cheesecake dessert. That was an excellent way to end our Saturday.

3 comments:

Debbie Leonard said...

My daughter won a trip for two on the Windfall at Bingo in July and we were thrilled! (Of course, we'd have been happy with one of the $5.00 gift certificates from the Slushy Stand!).

We went out on a Friday and it was stormy and windy, so we had to come right back. Then we got to have the full experience the next night. It was great! What a fun thing to do for your anniversary too.

Ocrakate said...

Hi Debbie - glad to hear you also got to enjoy a Windfall sail. I think it's one of the best things to do on the island!

Anonymous said...

I stayed on Ocracoke overnight last weekend and was at the Flying Melon the same time you guys were. I woulda said hey but I didn't want to interrupt :).
<3 Jenni