Friday, October 2, 2009

It's pouring

As I sat down to start typing this blog, it started raining quite hard. Good thing, since I didn't have any thoughts about what I was going to blog about today! Not that the fact that it's raining makes for a particularly interesting blog, but at least it was something. So I put a blog in "draft" with the title you see above.

Well, I finally got around to finishing up the blog a few days later, so now I can tell you more about the storm that I had just heard the beginning of when starting this post. It was wild. It woke me in the middle of the night (I have no idea what time it was, I didn't look at a clock, but my guess is around 5 AM) with very frequent lightning, and thunder that sounded like it was right above my house. It continued for a good long while - again, I'm not sure how long, since I still refused to look at the clock, even though I was at this point wide awake, but it was probably between 15 minutes and half an hour. I don't remember ever previously hearing thunder peals that were quite that loud, or that continued for that length of time.

The lightning was amazingly bright, too. I kept my eyes closed for most of the time (I was hoping to fall back asleep!), but could clearly see the change in the light in the bedroom anyway. I love lightning, and actually briefly considered getting out of bed to go to a window and try to see it, but I also love being all snuggled under the covers in a warm bed, so I stayed put. I would have loved to see a radar image of the storm, too, but didn't do so, for the same reason.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow that storm must have been quite something!