Monday, November 5, 2007

Wanted: Ocracoke guide

I have spent the last couple of days driving around parts of the village I haven't driven to before (yes, believe it or not). I know that there are other parts which are only walk-to or kayak-to-able. (Yes, I did just make up those words.) But I don't always know how to get to them. I am seriously spatially challenged, and during the exploring I got to do as part of the Ocrafolk school, I started realizing how things "fit together" around here. I've been looking at a hand drawn map of the village which shows things like canals, walking paths, and other lesser-known places. Now I just need someone who knows these places to show me how to get there, and tell me about them when we arrive.

So, here's my want ad.

Wanted: Ocracoke guide. Person with knowledge of beautiful areas, stories (recent or historical), etc. Availability of kayak helpful, but not required.

If you know anyone who fits the bill, let me know! :)

2 comments:

tunnellj said...

I wouldn't mind exploring with you!!

Ocrakate said...

The weather is supposed to be nice this weekend (I think, of course it might change). If it is, let's go kayaking!